Spring Snack for Kids: Strawberry Ladybugs
This spring, why not treat the kids to something special and fun? Strawberry Ladybugs are an easy snack that will make children of all ages smile. With just a few ingredients like strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate melts, you can make a snack that looks like a ladybug. The best part is that it is simple enough to make at home. Ge the kids involved. So gather up your ingredients and follow the easy step-by-step instructions to create these cute little ladybugs!
A Health Spring Snack
It's easy to see why Strawberry Ladybugs are the perfect spring snack for kids of all ages. Not only are they fun to make, but they're also nutritious and delicious.
Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Ladybugs
When it comes to berries, fresh is always best. Not only do they taste better, but they also hold their shape better when you’re assembling the ladybugs. If you can’t get your hands on fresh berries, frozen ones will work just fine.
Chocolate candy melts or 2 blocks of Almond Bark.
How to Make Strawberry Ladybugs
1. Gather all the necessary ingredients – strawberries, blueberries, and chocolate melts or almond bark.
2. Remove the stems in a v-shape and slice each strawberry in half lengthwise. Lay them flat on parchment paper.
3. Melt the chocolate melts or almond bark in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until it is completely melted and smooth. Pour into a piping bag and cut a small hole in the tip.
4. Attach a blueberry to the top of each strawberry with some melted chocolate as a head for your ladybug.
5. Draw on dots and wings with the melted chocolate onto one side of each strawberry wing.
6. Lift each strawberry and place a dollop of chocolate and three legs on the paper. Gently press the strawberry into the chocolate.
8. Allow the finished ladybugs to set at room temperature until hardened before serving them up!
These tasty treats are such a fun spring snack for after school that the kids will love. They look like ladybugs and are made with fresh fruit - what more could you ask for? Enjoy these fun Strawberry Ladybugs this spring season!