Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Dip
I never thought I would be the person that had a signature party dish... but here I am. Sharing my signature party dish. I started making it a few years ago and it has gotten to the point that my dip and I get invited.
"Hey do you want to come to my party, and bring your Buffalo Chicken Dip?"
Since we hadn't been going anywhere with other people until just super recently, I've not made it in awhile. But I'm so excited that small get-togethers are a thing again. Honestly, because anything with buffalo sauce is my favorite and this is so stinking easy to make.
With only 6 ingredients (most of which you probably have around the house), you can throw this together last minute for a delicious snack. (We usually make our own buffalo sauce, but you can use any buffalo sauce that is your favorite!)
Tips and Tricks for the BEST Buffalo Chicken Dip
1. Make your own buffalo sauce. Store-bought is fine and will taste great, but the real secret is to make your own buffalo sauce. This lets you control the balance between sweet and spicy, and make it completely yours. We tweak it depending on who we are going to be around - some friends don't like spicy and some friends love it!
2. Use Ranch AND Bleu Cheese. Most recipes call for one or another, but the trick is to use equal parts of both so you get the cool of the ranch and tang of the bleu cheese. If you do choose to use only ONE, then use a 1/2 cup (since the recipe calls for a 1/4 cup of both!
3. Use dark meat. Don't take the easy way out and use canned chicken. Not only will the texture be off, but the flavor won't be as rich. Get a 1lb. pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and cook them in a crock pot for 6 hours on HIGH before shredding and adding to the mixture. White meat is too dry and the dark meat will help keep the dip perfectly moist and creamy.
How to Make Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Dip
1lb. shredded chicken
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
8oz whipped cream cheese
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup bleu cheese dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together whipped cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch, and bleu cheese dressing. Mix until smooth and creamy. The key is consistency. Be sure it isn't too runny or too thick.
3. Stir in the chicken until the mixture is fully combined.
4. Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Serve while hot with Ritz crackers or tortilla chips and ENJOY!
*This can also be made in a crock pot. In that case, after the mixture is well combined, pack into a crock pot instead of baking dish. If serving immediately, turn on low for about 1 hour, and then switch to warm. If the mixture gets cool before serving, turn on HIGH for about 1.5 hours and then switch to warm.
Buffalo Sauce: To make your own buffalo sauce, melt 2 sticks of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. In a quart container, use an immersion blender to mix 1 bottle of Frank's Red Hot sauce, 1 cup Brown sugar, and the melted butter. Add sriracha to taste.