My Favorite Summer Beauty Products
As soon as the weather gets nice and the temperatures rise, my skin is totally different - in a good way. The dryness goes away, the unevenness fades, and I’m left with pretty decent skin. The humidity helps keep my skin hydrated so I change up my makeup routine.
Over the last few years, I’ve been trying to find summer beauty products that I really love, and I think I nailed it. Most of what I use can be found at Target because I’m all about that budget-friendly life, but I am getting more conscious about what I use on my skin.
I am by no means a #beautyblogger - but this is what works for me. I am not addicted to “clean beauty” products, but what works for my skin type (and budget!). But instead of just listing what I complied in my collage, I'm telling you why I love it, and why it works for my skin.
1. Pure Radiant NARS Tinted Moisturizer: This lightweight tinted moisturizer has a built-in SPF, making it perfect for the summer. It has illuminating qualities, making your skin look glowy and dewy - everything you want for summer date night.
2. Concealer - Moms. This is everything. I wanted a lightweight, inexpensive concealer that could rival the sleepless nights and early mornings thanks to having 2 kids. I’m obsessed with this concealer. It hides the dark circles, smooths wrinkles, and has an all-day stay.
3. Bronzer - You can thank my grandmother for this one. She has used it for years, and I recently got on board. It’s a mineral powder that can adjust for any skin tone - aka MAGIC. It’s buildable, so you can use it for a slight just-went-to-the-beach glow, or as contour. A little goes a looooong way.
4. Mascara/Primer Duo - I was really into the Better Than Sex mascara, but I felt like it got clumpy really easily. This mascara and primer duo is just as good. I mean, the primer is light as a feather so it lifts your lashes and lengthens them, and the mascara accentuates it all. I don’t even wear eyeliner in the summer because this combination does the trick.
5. Makeup Remover - The first time I used this was from a sample from a beauty box and fell in love. The name doesn’t lie - it really does take the day off. Summer can be rough on your skin because you are outside, at the pool, at the beach, and there is plenty of opportunity for dirt and bacteria to mess with your skin. This cleanser will not only take your makeup off flawlessly, but will make your skin feel refreshed.
6. Facemask - Again: summer can be hard on your skin. Chlorinated pool and sand from the beach can wreak havoc on your pores (as well as sunscreen!). I’ve used this detoxifying facemark once a week for a few months now, and there is a HUGE difference in my skin. I mean, the results are immediate.
7. MaryKay Moisturizer with SPF- For the past few years, this has been my go-to daily moisturizer. It is lightweight and has an SPF so it is pretty much ideal. Most days I don’t wear foundation or tinted moisturizer, just this moisturizer!
8. Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream - I admit, my night time skin routine is less-than-ideal. But this night recovery cream is fantastic. My skin feels brand new when I wake up. It really softens fine lines and wrinkles and provides your skin with loadsss of hydration.
There are days when I’m feeling fancy and will add a few other items to my makeup routine, but I really love keeping a clean face when I can. That “natural look” is in - so work it. Make it work for you and embrace a less-is-more approach. Plus I think that most moms agree - no one has time for makeup when you're busy with 2 kids and going to playdates, playgrounds, storytimes, and the pool.
PSA Don’t forget a hat this summer when you’re at the pool or beach. Keeping your face out of the sun is the best way to keep your skin looking amazing!
Shop This Post